18 April 2010

2 Months!

We are officially through our 2nd month. It's a good, accomplished feeling, even if it is only month 2; another month done is another month closer to homecoming. It got me thinking about where I fit in at my current state in the emotional stages of deployment from the chart I got at the L.I.N.K.S class. I think I'm somewhere between the "Emotional Disorganization" and "Recovery and Stabilization." I still have one foot in the disorganization stage because I still have trouble sleeping, still feeling a little overwhelmed, restless and indecisive. I also will admit that I still have a tendency to burst into tears unexpectedly.  I have my good days and my bad days.  However, I'm can tell I'm becoming more comfortable with my new routine and becoming more confident in new responsibilities.  I might call my stage “Improvement with sporadic emotional relapses.”  Looking over the stages, I think I’ve experienced them pretty accurately up until now.  I'm not sure if I'll ever be completely out of the disorganization stage, perhaps I will when I start looking forward to homecoming.  I can’t wait for that stage! Do you find you experience the stages? Do you have your own stage?

3 comments:

Brittney said...

Congrats on hitting the 2 month mark! My hubby and I will hit our two month mark in the beginning of may. I have never seen this chart before but after reading through it i would say I'm in the emotional disorganization stage, except for being angry at my spouse. Mostly I am just sad and trying to adjust. I feel like everyday gets a little easier and the more time goes by the more i feel like I can get through this and it will be over before i know it. Like you said i have my good days and bad, but overall things seem to be getting better. Good luck on getting through the rest of this deployment and God bless!! :)

Gaile said...

Emotional Disorganization is my 'normal' state - wonder if it is still considered a stage? LOL

YES I go through stages for sure, but the one that shocked me was like the DAY BEFORE homecoming, after all the months of dreaming about it, I was suddenly 'not ready' for him to come home just yet (I didn't lose that weight yet, didn't organize my office yet, didn't paint the dining room or seal the granite countertops, or whatever else I wanted to do 'while he was gone')
Always glad when its over.....starting 3rd deployment in a couple weeks and dreading every minute of it (except when I can say 'glad thats over!')

Roller Coaster said...

I love your roller coaster diagram! So true. I really have no idea what stage I'm in because right now I'm all over the place.

Congrats on your 2 month mark. Keep smiling!

Post a Comment